If you’re a weed smoker and you’ve got a drug test coming up then you have several options to try and pass, but finding the best detox drinks for weed and using one to mask the toxins is definitely a great way of passing.
But that’s easier said than done, and you have to understand how a detox drink works, and how it compares to other methods like getting clean with detox pills or just submitting a sample of fake urine instead.
So what we’re going to do here is talk you through everything you need to know about using detox drinks for drug test success. Plus, you’ll learn where not to buy detox drinks, the brands to avoid, and the top three best detox drinks out there, with a review of each and why they are the best brands to use.
When To Use Detox Drinks For Drug Tests
When you face a drug test it will either be supervised or unsupervised. A supervised drug test is where somebody is in the room with you. They will not be directly looking at you, but it makes it virtually impossible to submit a sample of fake urine.
So when it comes to a supervised drug test (which is rare and usually only for law enforcement purposes) then getting clean in advance, or using a detox drink to mask the toxins for a few hours, are your only choices.
But you’re unlikely to get that amount of warning to get clean, which makes a detox drink your only viable answer.
Detox drinks also fine for supervised drug tests though, the vast majority of the test conducted in the USA. If you’re going for a pre-employment drug test, or on the job drug testing, insurance drug tests, whatever, then with just two hours’ notice, a detox drink could work. But you’ll get far better results if you can do a short detox drink for a couple of days before the test.
How A Detox Drink Works
It is possible to just drink a load of liquid and flush out your body. You will get rid of the toxins in your body completely, but it will clear them out of your bladder and kidneys, leaving you clean of metabolites for a few hours before fresh ones work their way into your urine.
However, the problem you’ll then have is that you have a diluted and unnatural sample because your urine just won’t contain the balance of waste chemicals (things like minerals, vitamins, and creatinine) that are found in human urine.
But this is what a high-quality detox drink does differently:
- A detox drink is constructed from the liquid that contains natural ingredients that help to draw more toxins out of the body at a faster rate. So it does more work than water to help draw toxins out on its passage through the body, through the kidneys, and out through your bladder. This means you will have fewer toxins that are going to appear in your urine over the next few hours.
- The detox drink draws out the toxins so that the fresh urine that comes into the bladder after that is free of toxins until any remaining the bodywork their way through. This is an important point. The detox drink doesn’t actually detoxify your body, it’s a masking agent that draws out more toxins, giving you a few hours when toxins won’t appear in your urine. If they are still in the body though, as some stage they will start to appear again.
- This is the clever bit. The detox drink also contains things found in urine. Things like creatinine (a good detox drink will contain creatine, which is processed into the waste product creatinine which is always found in urine). It also contains vitamins and minerals found in urine. This flood hitting your body means that some of these will pass through as waste products unused, and appear in your urine to keep it balanced.
So as you can see, a detox drink flushes out all the toxins heading out of your body through your kidneys. This leaves your urine clean for a few hours, and the detox drink also maintains the balance.
But it’s just a masking agent. And depending on how many toxins are left in your body, and how fast your body processes them, it can only be a couple of hours clean, but more usually it’s around 4 to 5 hours before toxins appear in your urine again. A small window of opportunity, but it should be enough.
So Do Detox Drinks For A Drug Test Work?
The million-dollar question though is do detox drinks work? Well, the answer is undoubted yes. But they are not miracle drinks, they are temporary masking agents.
As long as you get a good quality detox drink, and especially if you do a 48 hour detox before the day of your test, then it should mean the toxins in your body can be delayed from appearing in your urine for a few hours, just long enough for you to submit a clean sample.
Detox Drinks Vs Detox Pills
Detox drinks are a completely different beast to detox pills. Detox pills are used as part of natural detox. They speed up the elimination of toxins, the good ones like Toxin Rid by as much as 50%.
So detox drink is a temporary masking agent, whereas detox pills help to speed up the natural detox, where at the end of that process you will be permanently clean with no toxins in your body.
Detox pills and a natural detox are by far the best option because you will have zero toxins in your body at the end of the process. However, it can take a couple of weeks for chronic weed smoker to get clean, which is why the best detox drinks for weed are often a more convenient option.
- Detox drinks temporarily mask the toxins
- Detox pills speed up the elimination of toxins as part of the permanent cleanse
- Detox drinks are usually cheaper than high-quality detox pills
- A detox drink only takes two hours to work
- A detox pill can take up to 2 weeks to speed up the elimination of toxins
Synthetic Urine Vs Marijuana Cleansing Drinks
Synthetic urine is also a completely different animal to a detox drink. Detox drinks are a masking agent, synthetic urine is a complete substitute sample that you hand over to the lab assistant.
Complex synthetic urine like Sub Solution is definitely the best way to pass a drug test. But if you don’t have the courage to smuggle a fake sample in, or it’s a supervised drug test where you would be directly observed, then using detox drinks for drug tests is your only real option unless you got a couple of weeks to get naturally clean.
- Detox drinks are temporary masking agent
- Synthetic urine has to be high quality to fill a drug lab
- Fake urine is the easiest way to pass because it requires little preparation
- Fake urine offers a better percentage chance of success than detox drinks
- Detox drinks are more convenient to use
- Synthetic urine cannot easily be used for supervised drug testing
WARNING: Do Not Buy Drug Detox Drinks At Walmart Or Other General Retailers
From my testing, there really are very few brands of detox drink out there that genuinely work well to not only for push out the toxins but to keep the balance of your urine appearing natural.
You can buy detox drinks at Walmart. I wouldn’t advise you to buy a detox drink from any of the big stores like Walgreens, Walmart, or GNC online, eBay, Amazon, anything general.
They tend to sell poor quality products at low prices, so they can get a big turnover on the stock.
Qcarbo32 is probably the best detox drink you can buy Walmart apart from Mega Clean. I’ll talk about Mega Clean later, but every other detox drink for sale at these general retailers really is nothing more than flavored water.
Homemade Detox Drinks (Home Remedies) Do Not Work
Before I move onto telling you what the best three detox drinks for covering weed metabolites up are, I want to just mention home remedies. The home remedy detox drink is an everyday product that is used to try and achieve the same results as a professional quality detox drink.
You may have read about things like cranberry juice, lemon juice, various vinegar, various types of tea, even baking soda and water, being able to mask drug toxins. Without exception, these home-made detox drink options do not work. None of them have the ability to flush out drug toxins, none of them have the complexity to maintain the balance in your urine.
Top 3 Best Detox Drinks For Weed
So let’s finish here by telling you what the best detox drinks for weed actually are. In fact, they aren’t just for weed, they will work for all drug metabolites.
It’s a complete misconception the different detox drinks or detox products can mask weed metabolites specifically. The detox drink that works for weed metabolites will work for cocaine metabolites, or the metabolites of any other drug, hiding them for several hours.
- Ultra Eliminex
For me, the best detox drink for weed right now is Ultra Eliminex. It’s expensive, usually costing around $80 to buy, but what you’re getting is the most modern detox drink on the market. It’s made by Herbal Clean, the same people who make Qcarbo, but this is a completely different formulation, and far more powerful.
Ultra Eliminex instructions are pretty straightforward:
- Drink the contents of the drink over about 15-30 minutes
- Urinate frequently over the next hour
- Test yourself using an at-home drug test kit before you leave
- You’ll have up to 5 hours clean
- No additional water required
If money is no object, then Ultra Eliminex is definitely the best that the detox drinks for weed out there that you can buy.
- Rescue Cleanse
The second best detox drinks a drug test success is Rescue Cleanse. It’s made by Clear Choice, the same people who make the best brand of synthetic urine, Sub Solution. Rescue Cleanse is around $55 direct from Clear Choice. It’s probably not quite as powerful as Ultra Eliminex, but I have passed a drug test using it.
You’ll want to do a 48 hour detox prior to using Rescue Cleanse, but I’d recommend that for using any detox drink because it means there are less toxins to mask on the day of your test.
Rescue cleanse instructions are straightforward:
- Make sure you do at least a 48 hour detox before the day of your test
- Drink the contents of the bottle over about 15 minutes
- Urinate frequently over the next hour
- You should have up to 5 hours clean using Rescue Cleanse
So not quite as potent as Ultra Eliminex, but certainly good enough to mask all but the worst levels of drug toxins. Just make sure you can do at least a 48 hour detox before the day of your test.
- Mega Clean
Third on the list of best detox drinks for weed has to be Mega Clean. It is one of the detox drinks available in Walmart, but I wouldn’t recommend you buy it from there.
If you buy Mega clean from Test Clear, the people who make Toxin Rid detox pills, you’ll actually get six Toxin Rid pills bundled in free.
You then do your 48-hour detox, taking the Toxin Rid pills during the second 24 hours. This will eliminate one hell of a lot of toxins, leaving Mega Clean less of a job to do on the day of your test. So on its own, Mega Clean is the third most potent detox drink, but buying it with a bundled Toxin Rid pills possibly takes it to the top of the list.
Instructions for drinking Mega Clean are as follows:
- Drink the contents of the Mega Clean bottle over about 15 minutes
- Refill the bottle and drink that water over 15 minutes
- Urinate frequently over the next hour
- You’ll have up to 5 hours clean (but more usually around three hours)
so Mega Clean is third on the list, and not as potent for me as Rescue Cleanse or Ultra Eliminex. I’ve used all of these detox drinks with home drug test kits to test the potency and Mega Clean didn’t keep me clean for as long.
However, if you’re bundling it up with the Toxin Rid pills, which are really potent, then it can be as powerful as the other two best detox drinks for weed on my list.